Sunday, February 21, 2010

Land of True Happiness. pt 2


It's been somewhat of a camp-y day.
Today, just a few minutes after I got back from church, the phone rang. And what do you know, it's Uncle Tom.

Of course he was looking to speak to my mother . . . something about canteen . . . but we chatted for a bit, I told him how the family was etc. It was actually really, nice? Maybe I'm just missing camp and any little bit of it is a welcome part of my day.

Speaking of missing things, I miss these girls like crazy.
124 days . . . but who's counting . . .


I miss fires too. Fires are nice.

This evening Mckenna, Alex, and I watched the movie Indian Summer which is coincidentally, about a beloved summer camp and 8 friends who return there the summer before it shuts down (sadness!). There were many Bil-O-Wood-esque elements in the movie, like a buddy board, names everywhere in cabins, old drama, canoeing, docks, stars, saturday night dances . . .

The three of us found it quite enjoyable, and a welcome escape from the school, stress, and snow filled life we are living currently.

Man, I would do just about anything to be in a canoe right now.


In Canada.


Or Cooking over a fire.


Or Portaging.


Where you can actually see the stars.
Good winds bad winds, I'll take either.
Wet boots and everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment