Saturday, March 5, 2011

25 is the Magic Number Part II

6. My mom is awesome. I don’t know what I would do without her. She’s always there for me even when I do stupid things or act/think irrationally. She’s the best.

(Mom, it's kind of pathetic that this was the only picture of the two of us on my computer. I think we need more pictures together)



7. I wasn’t allowed to trick-or-treat until the 10th grade, which I’m told is when you’re supposed to stop trick-or-treating.


(Fortunately, I was able to partake in some age appropriate Halloween/Fall activities this year with some pretty awesome people)


8. I love camping, canoeing, and hiking. The experiences you have when you simplify your life are eye-opening. Being able to live in the middle of nowhere, relying solely on those around you and the few things you are able to carry is incredibly empowering. 






9. I didn’t really sleep in 7th grade, so I memorized infomercials. 


(Yes George Foreman, I'm looking at you)


10. I like when information in one class overlaps with another. For instance, the only reason I can understand a word of my nutrition professor is because of my anatomy professor. And it gets even better when you can apply it to things around you. Even if it’s just an episode of House or ER. <------ I wrote this a while back, but it still holds true today. I feel that now i'm in nursing school (and will be graduating in May [Hallelujah]) this is even more true. Except now I'm learning and actually putting it directly into practice. Foley catheter anyone?


(Some unlucky fellow had a 14 gauge placed in clinical yesterday. Sorry 'bout it! Really actually I am. I can't imagine having one. They seem terribly uncomfortable.)



No comments:

Post a Comment